Experienced Carton Folding Gluing Operator / Team Leader
Min Rate: £25,300 – Additional to Negotiated Depending on Experience
Hours of Work – Monday to Friday – Day Shift
36hrs – 7am to 3.15pm Monday to Thursday and 7am till 12pm Friday
26 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
Established in 1940, Beatus Cartons is a privately owned folding carton manufacturer based in Porth, South Wales, supplying to a range of markets including confectionary and pharmaceutical. We manufacture all carton styles including Crashlock, Snaplock, 4 Corner, 6 Corner, Counter Display and Shelf Ready Packaging for some of the UK’s largest brands in solid board, foil, corrugated & plastic substrates. We are currently looking to recruit an experienced hands on, Carton Folding Gluing Operator / Team Leader to head our Finishing Department production team.
To meet our current business needs, applicants / candidates would need to be a fully trained and capable machine operator with previous experience operating Carton Folding Machinery such as Signature, Vega or Bobst etc and readily possess the required proficiency to carry out this skilled role. Previous team leader or supervisory experience would be desirable.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Achieve KPIs and quality expectations
- Ensure day to day Set up & running of the Folding Gluing machines, in line withS.O.Ps, and specific customer requirements.
- Monitor and control carton quality.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to (e.g. PPE, health and safety, hygiene and operational standards).
- Complete all related paperwork and input job data accurately
- Optimise machine speed to maximise efficiencies and production throughput
- Ensure any defects are highlighted to QC department and that it is flagged correctly.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Good Knowledge & Experience of carton construction, and operating Folding Gluing machines.
- Excellent communicator
- Great attention to detail.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrates “can do” attitude.
- Ability to problem solve & mechanical aptitude.
Please email CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or post to: Beatus Cartons, North Road, Porth, RCT. CF39 9SP